USB Host Controller driver for the MPC8270 processor

Huub Eikens huubeikens at hotmail.com
Thu May 29 21:03:16 EST 2008

Hi,

I am in need of a USB Host Controller device for the Freescale MPC8270 for the 2.4 linux kernel (ELDK 3.1.1). On internet I found one, but this is only for version 2.6:
http://cpm2usb.sourceforge.net/

I have a few options:
1. backport this driver to 2.4.25 kernel. I would like to know if this is feasible or not. I get the feeling that this will take a lot of time.
2. upgrade my kernel to 2.6.x. This is not preferable for me since I depend on sw modules writen by external partners. If I upgrade, I really really need to be sure that this driver
is stable and reliable.
3. Use an external USB Host Controller. Can anyone advise me on which controller to choose that runs stable and reliable on the 2.4.25 kernel (ELDK 3.1.1)?

Kind regards,

Huub Eikens