arch/powerpc, Xilinx, and mainline kernel support

Grant Likely grant.likely at secretlab.ca
Sat May 24 02:44:52 EST 2008

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 10:13 AM, Stephen Neuendorffer
<stephen.neuendorffer at xilinx.com> wrote:

> Grant, could you post explicit instructions about how to build the
> simpleImage?  I tried it too and couldn't get the makefile rules to
> match my dts.
>
> Mike, Supporting mpmc2 for memory access only is pretty straightforward,
> but supporting the temac/sdma connections is more problematic,
> particularly since we have no plans to update the plb_temac driver for
> ARCH=powerpc.

Oops; my mistake.  I've got a trivial patche in my tree that need to
be merged for the build to work.  I'll get those out ASAP.

In the mean time, add "simpleImage%" to the BOOT_TARGETS line in
arch/powerpc/Makefile.  That will allow you to do:

$ make simpleImage.virtex405-<blah>

where virtex405-<blah> corresponds with a file named
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/virtex405-<blah>.dts

Cheers,
g.

--
Grant Likely, B.Sc., P.Eng.