linux 2.6 hangs at __delay function on Viretx 4 board

John Linn John.Linn at xilinx.com
Thu May 15 01:01:37 EST 2008

Hi Swamy,

I have seen this sometime before I think, but don't remember why.

I see that udelay depends on loops_per_jiffy, have you looked to see
what value it is? Maybe it's garbage and some large value?

Have you tried dumping the __log_buf to understand how far it got thru
booting the kernel before it got hung?

I assume you must be using xmd to load the image, you can also use it to
dump the buffer.

On another processor I have seen it get hung in the calibrate_delay call
from the kernel if the interrupts or timer aren't working, but haven't
ever seen that on the Powerpc.

Thanks,
John