xilinx linux on a XUPV2P

Dr. Peter Hartmann hartmann at delta.uni-dortmund.de
Thu May 8 23:56:18 EST 2008

Hello everybody,

I am trying to get the latest Kernel (2.6.25-rc9) from git.xilinx.com running on
a XUPV2P board. I generated the hardware using JH Kelms step by step list,
skipping points 6-8 and replacing point 9 by a more modern version of doing
this. When I boot the system.ace from the CF card, the bootloader talks to me
over the RS232, but as soon as it tries to boot the kernel it hangs up.
I had 2.6.18-rc3 which I got from somebody else running this way. The reason I
intend to change is the UARTLITE driver, which seems to be included in the
latest kernel tree.
I use Platform Studio 9.1.02i which I also used for the 2.6.18 Kernel.
Has anybody yet got this to work out with 9.1.02i ??
Would it be possible for somebody to give a dummy like me the steps you took to
get it working on your board? I'm really lost here. Thanks!

Thanks in advance!