porting pci driverfrom arch=ppc on kernel 2.6.16 to arch=powerpc on 2.6.24...

Mike Timmons mike_timmons at trimble.com
Wed May 7 05:36:19 EST 2008

If I'm not supposed to read the interrupt using config_read, should I
also not be writing to the host register on the coral P to clear the
interrupt?

Should I instead be using some PCI helper functions?

I think I now have a valid interrupt, but seeing it fire continuously
when I know when-and-how it is supposed to fire is the problem now.
Obviously some of the code in the legacy driver for 2.6.16 ppc is not
correct now.

I suspect is it within the MB86290FB_WRITE_HOST_REGISTER() macros that
are used to manipulate the interrupts mask register within the CoralP
PCI graphics controller.

Please advise if there is some pci API I should be using to manipulate
this and other registers under the 2.6.24 powerpc kernel.

I do have a few books here with PCI examples but the interrupt
information is sparse.

Thanks again.
-Mike