Help on MPC82XX USB Host controller Development using m82xx-hcd.

Laurent Pinchart laurentp at cse-semaphore.com
Thu Mar 27 19:56:08 EST 2008

Hi Amarendra,

On Wednesday 26 March 2008 17:11, Amarendra_Reddy wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We are working on implementation of the USB host controller driver for the
> MPC8272ADS (eval board).
>
> The USB Host controller on MPC8272 chip is neither UHCI nor OHCI compliant.
>
> We downloaded the project cpm2usb and the patches created by Mr.Mike
> Rapoport from http://cpm2usb.sourceforge.net
>
> We integrated the 'm82xx-hcd' into the 2.6.10 source with few changes to usb
> data structures (usb_hcd,usb_device,usb_host_endpoint) and to struct
> hc_driver. Also updated the function ''tx_err' present in m82xx-hcd.c.

The cpm2usb project isn't maintained. If possible you should upgrade to a more
recent kernel and switch to the powerpc architecture where a new USB driver
called fhci is available.

The MPC872ADS is supported in recent kernels so switching shouldn't be too
difficult.

Best regards,

--
Laurent Pinchart