i2s driver

Angelo s104259 at yahoo.it
Tue Mar 4 00:18:19 EST 2008

Thanks for answer.

>I can also send you some GPL'd code that works.
>It is extremely bad commented (:-p) and probably not useful
> (it's not an ALSA driver itself, but it uses the DMA to
> copy data to the PSC - I2S mode) but it works.

It is a great idea; i can use it to start.
You can send it via mail..

> But this code is based on 2.6.16 kernel.

I'm using 2.6.22 kernel version.

I just enabled in lite5200b.dts:

//PSC3 in CODEC mode example  //asimmini
i2s at 2400 {  // PSC3
 device_type = "sound";
 compatible = "mpc5200b-psc-i2s";//not 5200 compatible
 cell-index = <2>;
 reg = <2400 100>;
 interrupts = <2 3 0>;
 interrupt-parent = <&mpc5200_pic>;
};

..and added in lite5200.c, in function mpc52xx_psc_functions
struct mpc52xx_psc_func mpc52xx_psc_functions[]= {
{       .id     = 2,
        .func   = "i2s",
},
thanks for help.