I2S driver

Pedro Luis D. L. carcadiz at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 4 00:05:42 EST 2008

Angelo wrote:

> Hi my name is Angelo.
>
> I'm working on I2S driver, on MPC5200b board.
> Does anyone tell me where i can found some information on HOW to write it?
>
> Thanks for help.

Hello Angelo,
depends on which kernel version are you using. You can find some working code in DENX repository:
http://source.denx.net/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi

I can also send you some GPL'd code that works. It is extremely bad commented (:-p) and probably not useful (it's not an ALSA driver itself, but it uses the DMA to copy data to the PSC - I2S mode) but it works. But this code is based on 2.6.16 kernel.

Tell me the version and I would guide you a little bit.

Regards,
Pedro.