Sequoia build with KDBG

Steve Heflin sheflin at newagemicro.com
Sat Mar 1 09:31:10 EST 2008

At 04:35 PM 2/29/2008, Josh Boyer wrote:
>On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 16:34:09 -0500
>Steve Heflin <sheflin at newagemicro.com> wrote:
>
> > I attempted to enable the kernel debugger on my Sequoia board, and I
> > get build errors:
> >   /linux-2.6.25-rc3/arch/powerpc/kernel/setup_32.c:254: undefined
> > reference to `set_debug_traps'
> >   /linux-2.6.25-rc3/arch/powerpc/kernel/setup_32.c:259: undefined
> > reference to `breakpoint'
> >
> > Josh: I assume you have used the kernel debugger with your 44x
> > boards, how did you build it?
>
>Why would you assume that?  I've never used kgdb on arch/powerpc
>kernels, nor have I ever tried to build it.
>
>I don't think kgdb is ported to powerpc at the moment.
>
>josh

I assumed that because I've always needed a debugger when
implementing kernel level components. Since you've implemented kernel
level support for several 44x processors, I just assumed that you
needed kdbg at some point. So you're saying that your additions
worked right out of the gate and you never needed a debugger?  You're my hero!