Writing to CPLD mapped to EBC Port of AMCC440EP

Henry Bausley hbausley at deltatau.com
Thu Jul 31 04:33:25 EST 2008

Our board is based upon the Yosemite.  But we have modified the CPLD and
made our own custom hardware, thats why the parameters for ioremap are
different.  The system is based on the 2.6.14-rtl that has worked absolutely
perfect for a couple of years which we got from FSM Labs.

I am porting to the 2.6.24 kernel Denx with xenomai and had the problem.  It
turns out the default value if the EBC0_CFG register  was 0x84400000 in the
system and we needed to change it to 0xBC400000 to increase the Ready
Timeout.  We were getting a machine check error.

Thank's a lot for your input!!!