how to allocate 9MB of memory in kernel ?

Misbah khan misbah_khan at engineer.com
Wed Jul 23 17:30:36 EST 2008

If you SDRAM is you main memory, you need vmalloc and remap_vmalloc_range.
If the SDRAM is not your main memory but some I/O attached buffer, you need
ioremap/of_iomap and remap_pfn_range.

My SDRAM is the main memory of which 9MB i have to allocate in the driver.

If i allocate 9BM using vmalloc and remap to user space how should it
address to the 9MB
SDRAM contigues address which i need to map for user access ?