jumping to code in RAM in a MPC55xx

Tehn Yit Chin tehn.yit.chin at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 09:22:18 EST 2008

I am just going to answer my own questions for future reference.

I did some searching on the internet and came across this note on the
the usenet comp.sys.powerpc.tech

http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive/Comp/comp.sys.powerpc.tech/2005-11/msg00015.html

In summary, it performs a indirect jump to code via the CTR register.
The following code snippet show how it is done.

	lis	9,0xFC00 /* Function is at 0xFC000000 */
	mtctr	9
	bctrl