Booting ML405 (Kernel panic - not syncing: No init found)

Neeraj Garg neerajg at cdac.in
Fri Jul 18 01:23:20 EST 2008

Hi,

I changed the owner of the busybox, and used chmod as you told me for
bin/busybox but its permission are -rwsrwxr-x not srwxrwxr-x-r.

--for compiling helloworld I used $powerpc-405-linux-gnu-gcc -static
helloworld.c -o helloworld

--For ramdisk creation I followed the following steps:

mkdir tmp/initrd
dd if=/dev/zero of=images/initrd.img bs=1k count=8192
/sbin/mke2fs -F -v -m0 images/initrd.img
mount -o loop images/initrd.img tmp/initrd
cp -av ramdisk/* tmp/initrd

//here ramdisk holds directory structure.. I copied directory structure
from git, linux support ...but I changed lib and bin contents (bin
contents with busybox-1.10.3 installation, and lib contents with lib of
my cross-compiler setup ,crosstool-0.28-rc35)

umount tmp/initrd
gzip < images/initrd.img > images/ramdisk.image.gz

----For making directory structure of ramdisk I followed following steps
for file in libc libcrypt libdl libm libpthread libresolv libutil
do
cp $file-*.so /home/neeraj/kerneldev/rootfs0.1/lib
cp -d $file.so.[*0-9] /home/neeraj/kerneldev/rootfs0.1/lib
done
cp -d ld*.so* /home/neeraj/kerneldev/rootfs0.1/lib

----And in menuconfig I selected filesystem as ramdisk with following
settings
<*>   RAM block device support
(16)    Default number of RAM disks