how to allocate 9MB of memory in kernel ?

Misbah khan misbah_khan at engineer.com
Thu Jul 17 18:34:39 EST 2008

>>You can use the mem option to tell to the kernel that you've got less
>>ram you really have.
I really didnt got the point you made. Can you please elaborate it for my
understanding.
>>However you can read Linux device drivers chapter 8
i dont need to allocate large memory at the boot time also vmalloc and
kmalloc i cant use as it can allocate free page up to 128kb, hence if you
could suggest me a better technique i would really appriciate .

---Misbah <><