booting an ML405

Lorenzo T. Flores lorenzo at alphagolf.com
Fri Jul 4 11:05:14 EST 2008

Hey all,

I did a little preliminary poking through the thread archives, but
didn't turn anything up. I anyone could just point me in the right
direction as far as troubleshooting, that would be great!

I'm trying to compile the Xilinx patched kernel tree (v2.6.25-rc9) and
run it on an ML405

So far, I get to the following point in the boot sequence:

loaded at:     00400000 005AF5A0
board data at: 005AD524 005AD5A0
relocated to:  00405058 004050D4
zimage at:     00405E90 0051D6CC
initrd at:     0051E000 005ACC0D
avail ram:     005B0000 80000000

Linux/PPC load: console=ttyS0,9600 ip=on root=/dev/ram rw
Uncompressing Linux...done.
Now booting the kernel

The system hangs after it says "Now booting the kernel."

Once again, any input would be appreciated.

thank you,
Lorenzo