Linux boot on a ppc 405

Ricardo Severo severo.ricardo at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 03:20:38 EST 2008

Hi all,

I am working with a Xilinx Virtex II Pro  evaluation board, wich has two
PowerPC 405 and I'm trying to boot a vanilla linux kernel 2.6.23.14.
Until now I've manged to make it uncompress the kernel, but it doesn't boot.
My question is how the initial execution (the one who uncompresses the
kernel image) transfers the processor to the kernel itself. I've looked
in the arch/ppc/boot/simple/relocate.S code and it jumps to the position
0x0 after uncompressing, is it right? The kernel is uncompressed at that
position?

Thanks,

--
Ricardo Ayres Severo <severo.ricardo at gmail.com>