Reminder: removal of arch/ppc

Josh Boyer jwboyer at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Sat Jan 26 12:21:50 EST 2008

On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 10:55:25 -0600
Kumar Gala <galak at kernel.crashing.org> wrote:

> Just a reminder that the plan is to remove arch/ppc this summer (June
> 2008).  The following boards still existing over in arch/ppc.  Some of
> them have been ported over to arch/powerpc.  If you care about one of
> these boards and its not ported speak up (it helps if you have access
> to the board).  Also, if you know a given board is free to die of
> bitrot let us know so we know not to worry about it:

> 4xx:
> 	BAMBOO

Ported (mostly)

> 	CPCI405

Doubt this will be ported.

> 	EBONY

Ported (mostly)

> 	EP405

Ported (mostly)

> 	BUBINGA
> 	LUAN

No idea on these.

> 	YUCCA

Yucca was what again?  440spe?

> 	OCOTEA

This one will be ported soon.  I have an ocotea now.

> 	REDWOOD_5
> 	REDWOOD_6

Don't have either of these.

> 	SYCAMORE

I think Mathias was working on a 405gpr port somewhere.

> 	TAISHAN
> 	WALNUT

Ported (mostly)

> 	XILINX_ML300
> 	XILINX_ML403

Grant should have these in decent shape.

josh