Xilinx XPS_LL_TEMAC vs PLB_TEMAC

Stephen Neuendorffer stephen.neuendorffer at xilinx.com
Thu Jan 24 06:35:58 EST 2008

The LL_TEMAC can be connected in two topologies.  One connects the
locallink directly to the SDMA port of the MPMC3.  The other topology
connects to a PLB46 bus using an XPS_LL_FIFO, which (most likely)
connects to the plb bus port of the mpmc.  The easiest way to decipher
the connection pattern is to use Base System Builder in EDK to generate
both topologies (which is determined by the 'use DMA' parameter when
selecting the LL_TEMAC device.  The Linux driver in git.xilinx.com
supports both topologies.

Steve

Sadegh Sadri
linuxppc-embedded at ozlabs.org
> Subject: RE: Xilinx XPS_LL_TEMAC vs PLB_TEMAC
>
> So, in this case, our base system, created with EDK 9.2 will not be
the same as previous systems, as

linuxppc-embedded at ozlabs.org

> 	Actually, with the MPMC3 the XPS_LL_TEMAC still can directly
connect to the MPMC. You set one

linuxppc-embedded at ozlabs.org
> 	Subject: RE: Xilinx XPS_LL_TEMAC vs PLB_TEMAC
>

> 	Hi
>
> 	Well, As you know, we now need a PLB version, XPS_LL_TEMAC is
connected to PLB not MPMC2...yes

linuxppc-embedded at ozlabs.org

> 		In case anyone is interested, I'm currently working on
an almost-kernel-ready version
> that will be self-contained based on the LL-DMA version (the native
MPMC port, not the PLB). It's