Endian problem when accessing internel regs on 8347

Bruce_Leonard at selinc.com Bruce_Leonard at selinc.com
Tue Jan 22 16:33:46 EST 2008

> > Can't anyone suggest anything I can try?
>
> Beer.
>
> -Scott

Right there with you Scott!  I have to apologize for the noise on the
list.  Turns out my problem doesn't have anything to do with in_be32.  I
didn't have print statements in enough places.  I was only printing out
what was returned from the ioctl call in user space and assumed (we know
what that means ;)  ) that what was coming back from the ioctl call was
what was coming back from io_read32.  With better instrumenting I find
that io_read32 is just fine.  Apparently my return value from the ioctl
function in my driver is getting corrupted by the time it gets to my user
space app.  I don't have an answer for that one yet, but now that I'm
turned in the correct direction hopefully it'll fall out pretty quickly.
Thanks for the patience.

See 'ya!

Bruce