ml310 kernel2.6 booting problems

Grant Likely grant.likely at secretlab.ca
Sat Jan 19 12:23:24 EST 2008

On 1/18/08, Ron Sass <rsass at uncc.edu> wrote:
> My question is this:  Would it make sense to have a Kernel
> configuration something like "VIRTEX_PCI" and a platforms
> "XILINX_ML4xx" / "XILINX_ML3xx" ... or create four platforms:
>
>   XILINX_ML300
>   XILINX_ML310
>   XILINX_ML40x
>   XILINX_ML410

The whole CONFIG_XILINX_ML*** stuff will be disappearing as part of
the migration from arch/ppc to arch/powerpc.  Instead, the board
configuration will be described using a device tree file (dts).  Feel
free to add stuff in your local tree, but be prepared to migrate your
drivers in the next 6 months or so.

Cheers,
g.

--