Endian problem when accessing internel regs on 8347

Bruce_Leonard at selinc.com Bruce_Leonard at selinc.com
Fri Jan 18 05:38:53 EST 2008

:
> > "m" (*addr));
>
> They allow the compiler to use update and/or index mode for the memory
> operand.

Well that makes sense, U for update and X for index, but I'm not sure
they're applicable to this particular instruction and I'm not sure that
the memory operand makes sense for PowerPC.  However, before I post
anything that makes me look like I've got hoof-n-mouth disease I'm going
to do some more digging.  Is the GCC manual the only "official"
documentation on this (I've found a couple of web sites but none of them
gun.org) or is there another manual I should be looking for?

Thanks for the pointers.

Bruce