Endian problem when accessing internel regs on 8347

Bruce_Leonard at selinc.com Bruce_Leonard at selinc.com
Fri Jan 18 05:01:09 EST 2008

Ben Warren <biggerbadderben at gmail.com> wrote on 01/17/2008 07:01:10 AM:

> I've attached a poorly-written-yet-functional GPIO driver that I wrote a

> while ago for the MPC8349 (same as what you have for all intents and
> purposes). It uses in_be32() and out_be32().

Ben,

Thanks for the answer.  Hummmm, at first glance it looks like you're doing
the same thing I am.  Only difference I can see is you use get_immrbase()
to figure out the address to ask for and I've got it hardcoded.  Other
than that we're both using request_mem_region() in in/out_be32().  Yet
your's works for you and mine doesn't.  Well, I'll take a closer look
tonight and see if there's something you're doing that I missed.
Unfortunately, I've gotten a higher level interrupt this morning and it
may ba a day or so before I get back to this and can give you any
feedback.  Thanks again.

See 'ya!

Bruce