I2C and CAN bus on MPC5200B device tree

Grant Likely grant.likely at secretlab.ca
Mon Jan 14 11:35:09 EST 2008

On 1/13/08, Matt Sealey <matt at genesi-usa.com> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I know the I2C stuff is up in the air (I cannot pinpoint the documentation
> for it) and have not found any CAN bus documentation for device trees.
>
> I want to update the firmware tree to add these but, am basically looking
> for those docs, or someone to go over a few points.. is there some kind of
> tree standard I should be looking at, or some patch I missed which has
> a driver which implements something that looks at a compatible tree?

I think some consensus has been achieved for describing i2c busses and
their attached devices, but I don't think booting-without-of.txt has
been updated with the details yet.  I need to look into that more.

I don't think anyone has tackled CAN.  Best bet is to draft a tree in
the way you think it should be described and post it to the list.
That will give a starting point for us to discuss it and come to
consensus.

Cheers,
g.

--