2.6.22-ppc8xx fec.c bugs

raul.moreno at telvent.abengoa.com raul.moreno at telvent.abengoa.com
Fri Jan 11 19:51:30 EST 2008

>>raul.moreno at telvent.abengoa.com wrote:
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> I don't know who the maintainer of the FEC (Fast Ethernet Controller) in
>> the ppc8xx achitecture is, so I am writing this email here.

>arch/ppc is deprecated, and arch/ppc/8xx_io especially so.

>Please use drivers/net/fs_enet (and also note that arch/ppc will be
>going away in a few months).

I didn't know ppc was deprecated. Why is it so? Could you tell me where can
I read anything about this issue?
I have been using this architecture since I started with Linux (not too
long ago) because I manage a mpc866 processor.
Do you mean that I should port to arch/powerpc?

>> I've seen that some bugs were fixed in the latest kernel but others
haven't
>> been addressed (possibly undetected yet). The following is a diff with
>> corrections I made to the 2.6.22 'fec.c' file (currently seems to work
>> fine).

>Please post patches against the latest head-of-tree, and in unified diff
>format (diff -u).

I'll do it in this way for next patches.

Raúl