MMU failure, Virtex4-FX60

Robert Woodworth rwoodworth at securics.com
Wed Jan 9 08:54:36 EST 2008

After further investigation...
There is a pending interrupt from the PLB waiting at bootup and it gets
hit by Linux when the MSR gets set and enables critical interrupts (same
time that it jumps into 0xC000XXXX).  The kernel code detects the
interrupt as a PLB data bus error and goes into crash sequence die().

I think I have a problem with my reset hardware, such that the PLB is
not getting reset correctly with the PPC.  With all interrupts disabled
and running a standalone C program, the PLB and memory work fine.
Any Virtex experts out there have any hints?

RJW.