Control not branching to the instruction present at resetvec i.e 0xfffffffc

ravi.rao at rflelect.com ravi.rao at rflelect.com
Sat Jan 5 07:58:08 EST 2008

Hi All,
    We have a custom target board based on PPC-EP405. We just got the
board from the hardware team .I connected the board to BDI200 and powered
it on.
The control came to the resetvec address which is 0xfffffffc. I was able
to read and write to flash. So I erased the flash and burnt the bootloader
into flash from 0xfffc0000.
I verified that the instruction at 0xfffffffc is 4bfc2104 whicis actually
a branch to 0xfffc2100. Also a memory dump of 0xfffc2100 shows the correct
code. This proved that
the uboot bootloader was burnt properly.
Now when I reset the board the control never reaches 0xfffc2100 i.e for
some reason the code at the resetvec is not getting executed. Any help or
pointers to resolve this is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ravishankar Govindarao
RFL Electronics Inc.
E-mail : Ravi.Rao at rflelect.com
Voice: 973.334.3100 Ext. 233
Fax: 973.334.3863

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE
This e-mail, including any attachments, may contain confidential and/or
legally privileged information.  The Information is intended only for the
use of the individual or entity named on this e-mail .  If you are not the
distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of
this transmitted Information is strictly prohibited.  Further, if you are
not the intended recipient, please notify us by return e-mail and delete
the Information promptly.