2.6.24 for mpc8458amc

maxime louvel m.louvel at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 21:42:56 EST 2008

Hi,

I have updated the uboot on the cards and get the same result

AMC=> bootm 0x1000000
## Booting image at 01000000 ...
  Image Name:   Linux-2.6.24
  Image Type:   PowerPC Linux Kernel Image (gzip compressed)
  Data Size:    1802038 Bytes =  1.7 MB
  Load Address: 00000000
  Entry Point:  00000000
  Verifying Checksum ... OK
  Uncompressing Kernel Image ... OK

No further messages...

However I have try to boot an image (2.6.23-rc6 from freescale) which has
been patched for my platform and it works.
Thus the problem is not coming from the uboot anymore, but from something
else.
I can't get the source from freescale to see what they have changed because
their is some other stuff (unrelated with my problem or even my platform)
that are confidential to them...

So what I am looking for here is a hint of where to look, an idea of what I
might have done wrong...

regards,
Maxime

--