Status of 5200B and 440 Kernel Support

Albrecht Dreß albrecht.dress at arcor.de
Sun Feb 24 21:17:39 EST 2008

Hi all,

sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm new in the list...

For a new project, I am looking through the available PPC based SoC's.
Good candidates are probably the Freescale 5200B or the AMCC 440EP (I
need a FPU).

For a decision, I need some further information about the Kernel
support (source code available, if possible in stock kernels, *not*
only vendor binary modules!) of the included devices, in particular
- MTD/NAND controller
- Ethernet
- UART, IIC and SPI
- USB host
- local external bus (not PCI) DMA

Any information or pointers would be really appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Albrecht.