2.6.24 for mpc8458amc

maxime louvel m.louvel at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 00:00:56 EST 2008

Hi,

yes It has something like 16550 UART.
the compiler version is gcc-3.4.3 with some specific stuff for the platform.
I also have a gcc-4.1.2 vanilla which has been compiled with the previous
one. The 4.1.2 works if you tell it to emulate the floating point
instructions.

thanks Scott,
without the treeboot-walnut it compiled

I have still my first problem though:

AMC=> bootm 0x1000000
## Booting image at 01000000 ...
  Image Name:   Linux-2.6.24
  Image Type:   PowerPC Linux Kernel Image (gzip compressed)
  Data Size:    1802038 Bytes =  1.7 MB
  Load Address: 00000000
  Entry Point:  00000000
  Verifying Checksum ... OK
  Uncompressing Kernel Image ... OK

and nothing else...

Any idea ?

This may become from the fact that the uboot installed on the cards is old
and it apparently doesn't support the newer version of the kernel image...
(I have got that from an another mailing list)

cheers,
Maxime

--
Maxime Louvel