2.6.24 for mpc8458amc

maxime louvel m.louvel at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 03:38:52 EST 2008

Hi again,

this time I have tried to compile the kernel, with an embedded compiler on
the board.
here is the result...

  BOOTAS  arch/powerpc/boot/ps3-hvcall.o
  BOOTCC  arch/powerpc/boot/ps3.o
  BOOTCC  arch/powerpc/boot/treeboot-bamboo.o
  BOOTCC  arch/powerpc/boot/cuboot-8xx.o
  BOOTCC  arch/powerpc/boot/cuboot-pq2.o
  BOOTCC  arch/powerpc/boot/cuboot-sequoia.o
  BOOTCC  arch/powerpc/boot/treeboot-walnut.o
Assembler messages:
Error: Internal assembler error for instruction icbt
Internal error, aborting at ../../gas/config/tc-ppc.c line 1300 in
ppc_setup_opcodes
Please report this bug.
make[2]: *** [arch/powerpc/boot/treeboot-walnut.o] Error 2
make[1]: *** [uImage] Error 2
make: *** [sub-make] Error 2

any idea ?

cheers,