Howto get __log_buf on a Xilinx FPGA

Ricardo Ayres Severo severo.ricardo at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 06:30:38 EST 2008

Hi all,

I'm trying to boot linux 2.6.24 on a XUP Virtex II Pro evaluation
board. It uncompresses ok but doesn't show nothing more on the
console. I tried to change the console to ttyS0 and ttyUL0. Now I want
to see the __log_buf but I don't if I am doing it the right way, it
only returns trash. What I'm doing is the following:

$ grep __log_buf System.map
c01f3d5c b __log_buf

$ xmd -xmp system.xmp -opt etc/xmd_ppc405_0.opt
(xmd starts ok, mdm is not enabled)

$ powerpc-eabi-gdb arch/ppc/boot/images/zImage.elf
(click on run, the image is loaded and started)

this is the output on the terminal: