Leds

Simon Kagstrom simon.kagstrom at ericsson.com
Fri Feb 8 21:20:02 EST 2008

Hi Marco,

On Fri, 08 Feb 2008 11:02:16 +0100
Marco Stornelli <marco.stornelli at coritel.it> wrote:

> how can specify a led device in a dts file? These leds are connected
> with gpio to the microprocessor. I can't find anything like a led node
> in the dts files of the other boards. Have you got any suggestions?

Although I'm not sure if it's the "standard" way, we just added a
"home-made" node like this:

	resetLED at c0018000 {
		device_type = "leds";
		compatible = "reset-leds";
		reg = <c0018000 00008000>;
	};

and then just get the info in the probe function for the led driver
we placed in drivers/leds/:

	/* Get device info from OF tree */
	np = of_find_compatible_node(NULL, "leds", "reset-leds");
	if (!np) {
		dev_err(&pdev->dev, "Could not find device tree node for reset-leds\n");
		goto error_classdev;
	}

	if (of_address_to_resource(np, 0, &res)) {
		dev_err(&pdev->dev, "Could not convert reset-leds device tree address\n");
		of_node_put(np);
		goto error_classdev;
	}

At least this was all the information we needed from the device tree.

// Simon