XUPV2P update to kernel 2.6 fails

Jan Mueller jamuelle at ee.ethz.ch
Thu Dec 11 10:13:48 EST 2008

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the answers!

Now I don't feel so alone anymore...

I finally got it to work. The problem was simple: I'm using an
uart pcore from openpcores. And this hardware requires some
changes to the ns16550 kernel driver... With those changes,
everything goes well! I'm happy about that.. ;-)

But... since everything seems to work now with EDK 9.1 I try to
use my XUP-board with the EDK 10.1

In EDK 10.1 there is no board definition file for my XUPV2P.
Right now I use the board file from:

  https://wiki.ittc.ku.edu/ittc/Eecs388#Tool_Repository

Now I got even stranger bahaviour than before. When ever I try
to boot into a linux kernel, some arbitrary boot parameters seem
to appear. Like:

	[...]

And after those messages the system hangs. (the real messages
vary from time to time)

I have to say that for the MemoryTestApp there seems to be no
problem.  It runs like a charm..

So now I'm wondering if anyone has a board definition file
usable for the linux kernel on the XUPV2P??

Thanks a lot for any hint!

Kind regards,
Jan