Using Bestcomm API (DMA) on MPC5200b with Linux?

Dave Best arieswar24b at yahoo.de
Thu Dec 4 21:01:31 EST 2008

I tried to use GenBD.
I looked at "mpc52xx_ac97.c" which seems to be a sound driver which apparently uses the GenBD tasks, if only the tx ones and the buffers.

As i connected my FPGA/FiFo to the LocalPlus i called bcom_gen_bd_rx_init with LP as initiator and the LP FiFo address. I called  bcom_prepare_next_buffer and then bcom_submit_next_buffer and enabled my task.
In advance i prepared the LP registers to my intended transfers and to use CS1. But the task doesn't seem to call any chip select to fill its buffers.

Frankly, i'm really at a loss on how to proceed.

Dave