lspci vs scanpci

Tachwali ytachwali at signalogic.com
Sat Aug 23 08:20:01 EST 2008

Hello folks,

I have a general question regarding lspci and scanpci. Upon porting a kernel
2.6.24 to a ppc platform, the kernel seems to be working fine. However, upon
scaning for PCI devices, we have got reasonable results upon running lspci
however scanpci, we are not getting the same results, and scanpci results
looks not right (such as INT_LINE=0xFF) in the PCI devices detected.

Should I be worried about some hardware problem if lspci is working and
scanpci is not? Any advise?