Possible init bug in ibm_newemac/core.c

Darcy Watkins dwatkins at tranzeo.com
Sat Aug 16 06:00:40 EST 2008

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the pointer the the thread.  What they did was exactly what I
did (and then later reverted).  I guess my "lame hack attempt" wasn't so
lame after all.

It works fine on my "mule" board with more memory and two Ethernet
ports, but fails on the production board having less memory and only one
Ethernet port.

This probably means that I need to look into something else.

In our setup, the DTS always says two Ethernet ports.  It may be that
the failure of the probe in the case of the non-existent Ethernet port
causes the kernel panic when the order of execution of those two
functions are reversed.

Thanks again.  This gives me a few more leads to chase down.

Darcy

--

Regards,

Darcy

Darcy L. Watkins - Senior Software Developer
Tranzeo Wireless Technologies, Inc.
19273 Fraser Way, Pitt Meadows, BC, Canada V3Y 2V4
T:604-460-6002 ext:410
http://www.tranzeo.com