gianfar on mpc8313

Dominik Bozek domino at mikroswiat.pl
Tue Aug 5 18:02:53 EST 2008

Hi all,
do someone know how to speedup the gianfar on mpc8313? (core:333MHz,
csb:133MHz, ddr:266MHz)
I'm able to achieve 56MB/s (from device) and 48MB/s (to device), but
only if the ethernet interface use jumbo packets (mtu 9000). With
default mtu the transfers are 33MB/s and 27MB/s.
I'm using kernel 2.6.20 + patches from freescale, but I make some tests
with 2.6.26 (eg. because of DMA engine support). I haven't notice any
improvement in the transfer (I don't take care about cpu usage).

Is there anybody who got higher transfers? Can you share some information?

--
Regards
Domino