Lost time?

- Reyneke reynekejunk at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 1 00:30:58 EST 2008

Hi everyone,

After a move from the ppc (v2.6.19) branch to the powerpc (v2.6.25) we've spotted a bit of an annoying problem. It looks like we loosing system time on a running system. About 0.6sec per minute.

It's not hardware, Old kernel was rock solid with regards to time. Even with a stripped down kernel (minimum device drivers, modules, and IRQ's) we still see time loss. During kernel debug all tick calculations looks reasonable.

Anyone have any ideas, obvious suspects, or pointers where to go and look?

Hardware is a 500Mhz ppc 440EPx based system.

 Regards