EABI

Brian Silverman bsilverman at iveia.com
Fri Apr 25 00:32:57 EST 2008

Is it possible to compile a Linux application using an EABI compiler
(specfically, Xilinx's EDK powerpc-eabi-gcc.exe)?

The issue at hand is that we'd like for our customers to be able to use
the Xilinx EDK toolchain (which we know they will have) to compile Linx
apps without having to install another toolchain (crosstool, ELDK, etc).

So, what I'm hoping is that the EDK toolchain can be configured to be
Linux compatible binaries, or that there is some kind of wrapper that
will handle the incompatible interfaces.  Searching around, I've seen
some mention of Linux EABI compatibility (for Debian ARM releases), but
I haven't found any clear concensus...

----
Brian Silverman
Principal Engineer