[U-Boot-Users] AMCC PPC440EPx/sequoia stability question...

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Thu Apr 24 14:36:12 EST 2008

On Thursday 24 April 2008, Josh Boyer wrote:
> > Please note that I recently introduced a CFG_MEM_TOP_HIDE option for the
> > 440EPx CHIP 11 errata. I suggest you take a look at this too and see if
> > this changes your behavior.
>
> Explain this a bit more please?  Is a kernel change needed here?

This depends. When the bootwrapper version is used then yes, the kernel should
get changed. This is because the bootwrapper detects the SDRAM size from the
DDR2 controller and passes it to Linux.

Without bootwrapper no changes are needed, since U-Boot already passes the
corrected memory size to Linux (totalsize-4k currently).

Best regards,
Stefan

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de