simpleboot

David H. Lynch Jr. dhlii at picocomputing.net
Thu Apr 24 04:34:48 EST 2008

    I am trying to decipher hot to use the simpleboot devicetree wrapper
and I am not grasping the process.

    I need an initramfs kernel, inside an elf wrapper.
    right now I get that pretty much for free.

    How do  ask for a simpleboot wrapper kernel ?
       It is a target for a makefile in arch/powerpc/boot how to I cause
that target to get invoked

    How does it choose the device tree to wrap ?

    How does it interact with things like initramfs ?

--
Dave Lynch                                          Pico Computing, Inc.
Software Development                                      Embedded Linux