jffs2 file system on MPC8272ADS

Scott Wood scottwood at freescale.com
Fri Sep 28 02:19:10 EST 2007

Nethra wrote:
>>> They are errors.
>
> which are all the most possible reasons for these errors ?

Most common is making a jffs2 filesystem with the wrong block size.  It
could also be an incorrect flash mapping.

>>> Was it the physmap driver or the pq2fads driver that found the flash?
>
>              Flash is cfi compatible.

That's not what I meant...  you have two mapping drivers enabled, and
the pq2fads driver might be doing something other that what you
specified to physmap.  I'd just disable it.

>>> Which kernel are you using, and are you using arch/ppc or arch/powerpc?
>>> -Scott
>
>            KERNEL: linux-2.6.10 and we r using arc/ppc

That's pretty old...  If all else fails, you may want to see if never
kernels still have the problem.

-Scott