Linux doesn not boot from u-boot on ML403

Mirek23 miroslaw.dach at psi.ch
Tue Sep 25 18:25:27 EST 2007

Hi Grant,

   Thank you very much for your response. actually I was wrong when saying:

> My observation is that the linux 2.6.23 rc-2 is not that stable as 2.6.21.
> In most cases It boots successfully (ie. zImage.elf) but occasionally it
> fails during booting. It has never occurred with 2.6.21 which I also
> copied from your side.

Both version of linux 2.6.21 and 2.6.23 run very well and always boot
properly.
To deal with u-boot and linux kernel I use jtag and load the software
straight to RAM.

I have difficulties to boot uImage (kernel v2.6.23) from u-boot 1.2.0.
uImage boots sometimes from u-boot but zImage.elf boots always (when loaded
to RAM via jtag).

It seems to be that I have the general problem with u-boot which I have
described on u-boot users forum:
http://www.nabble.com/u-boot-init-problem-on-ml403-%28virtex-4%29-board-tf4514050.html

Best Regards

Mirek