multicast in MPC8272ADS

Nethra nethra_gmit at yahoo.co.in
Mon Sep 24 21:53:55 EST 2007

hi,

I have written a multicast test application in which there is a multicast
sender and receiver.
The multicast sender sends multicast packets on a specified interface and
the multicast
receiver receives multicast packets. I have tested this application on my
network with
 x86 machines. But when I run a multicast receiver (which has been cross
compiled for
MPC8272ADS) on my MPC board, it is unable to receive multicast packets (the
recvfrom
call is waiting for ever for packets to arrive). The MPC board is able to
send multicast
packets to without any problems. The /proc/net/dev_mcast shows the
appropriate
entries for the multicast address being enabled for the interface of
interest(esentially
group joining appear to work).

My configuration is a MPC8272ADS board rp_filter =0 for all interfaces (ie
no source
filtering).I am wondering where the problem could be, configurations or the
ethernet
driver itself? Are there some known issues ?

By the way with loopback enabled the reception of packets works
in case the sender and receiver are on the same machine

waiting for ur comments..

thnks