8270 & Watchdog - early start

Matias Sundman matias.sundman at ericsson.com
Thu Sep 20 18:19:22 EST 2007

Hi,
I have a custom MPC8270 board running Linux and u-boot.
Now, I enabled the watchdog on the 8270 and need to kick it regularly by
writing ;

0x556c
0xaa39

To the internal register @ 0x0x1000e.

When I am coming out from head.S to start_kernel I was thinking of
kicking
it a couple times "manually"
before a timer interrupt is inserted which will take care of it until a
"superdaemon" is taking over.

I tried to serve the register as follows;

*((volatile unsigned int*)(0xf001000e))=0x556c;
*((volatile unsigned int*)(0xf001000e))=0xaa39;

But it does not take effect. I thought that since u-boot had set up the
IMMR
to 0xf000'0000 I could
directly write to the register as above.

Any clues why this does not work?

Thx // Matias