Eth1 init and link status

Jeyner Gil Caga jeynergilcaga at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 01:35:27 EST 2007

In you statement, initialise correctly (i.e. receive and transmit), did you
use like ping or ftp to do it?

What do you mean by the word initialise?
Are you saying that after Linux has completely booted up:
1. you have one computer pinging to eth0 and you can ping eth0?
2. if eth0 is connected to the network, you use the same computer to ping
eth1 and you can ping eth1?
3. while you are pinging eth1 and you disconnect eth0 from the network,you
can not ping eth1?