PSC in UART mode on TQM5200S

Leopold Stotch l.butterz at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 20:13:28 EST 2007

Hello, everyone !

I have TQM5200S module and development board.
It runs factory UBoot and latest DENX's linuxppc_2_4_devel kernel.
I want to configure all TQM5200S's onboard PSC's as UART's.
TQM5200S's onboard PSC's are connected to custom board
that makes all electrical things as my hardware engineer says...
So changed $HOME/linuxppc_2_4_devel/arch/ppc/platforms/tqm5200.h
the following way:

#ifdef CONFIG_PS2MULT
#define RS_TABLE_SIZE  4
#else
#if defined(CONFIG_SPI_EVAL) || defined(CONFIG_TB5200)
#define RS_TABLE_SIZE  2
#elif defined(CONFIG_CAM5200)
#define RS_TABLE_SIZE  6
#else
#define RS_TABLE_SIZE  3
#endif
#endif

changed to

#ifdef CONFIG_PS2MULT
#define RS_TABLE_SIZE  4
#else
#if defined(CONFIG_SPI_EVAL) || defined(CONFIG_TB5200)
#define RS_TABLE_SIZE  2
#elif defined(CONFIG_CAM5200)
#define RS_TABLE_SIZE  6
#else
#define RS_TABLE_SIZE  6
#endif
#endif

and

#else /* default */
#define SERIAL_PORT_DFNS    \
    STD_PSC_OP(1)        \
    STD_PSC_OP(2)        \
    STD_PSC_OP(3)
#endif

changed to

#else /* default */
#define SERIAL_PORT_DFNS    \
    STD_PSC_OP(1)        \
    STD_PSC_OP(2)        \
    STD_PSC_OP(3)        \
    STD_PSC_OP(4)        \
    STD_PSC_OP(5)        \
    STD_PSC_OP(6)
#endif

After rebuilding the kernel, dmesg says:

ttyS0 on PSC1
ttyS1 on PSC2
ttyS2 on PSC3
ttyS3 on PSC4
ttyS4 on PSC5
ttyS5 on PSC6

But when i do "echo 1 > /dev/ttyS4" i receive nothing at the other end.

The questions are:

Is it possible to reconfigure all PSC's as UART's ?
Should i change something in UBoot or everything i did was wrong ?

P.S. Sorry for my poor english and newbie questions :-)

--
Best regards,
Leopold Stotch