Device tree compiler

Laurent Pinchart laurentp at cse-semaphore.com
Mon Sep 17 21:30:37 EST 2007

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to port a MPC8248-based board from ppc to powerpc.

While looking for example DTS files I found out that the Linux kernel sources
include a few of them in arch/powerpc/boot/dts. However, they don't compile
with the latest device-tree compiler available at
git://ozlabs.org/srv/projects/dtc/dtc.git.

One of the most common error comes from references to the PIC using a node
name instead of a linux,phandler value. As most DTS files in the kernel
sources fail to compile, I was wondering if there was another DTC I was not
aware of, or if those files have actually never been compiled.

Best regards,

--
Laurent Pinchart
CSE Semaphore Belgium