Informations about mem and proc environment between bootloader and kernel

fabien boucher fabien.fb at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 00:05:11 EST 2007

And I need some help for my project (I'm in internship) to port linux on a
custom board.
This board has been developped by the company where i'm doing the intership
and it's
based on a MPC875 with RAM and Flash chips and several other devices.
Currently the board run with a BSP developped
by the company's developpers, the BSP launch Psos.
This BSP is able to decompress an image and load it in RAM.
I plan to use U-boot to be more able to boot a kernel but as it's not a
common
board so it's not initialy supported by U-boot. So I have two choices first
use the BSP with some changes to adapt it for loading the Linux kernel or
using U-boot.
I'm looking for informations about the memory and processor environment
needed by linux to
boot properly for evaluate whether the use of a customize BSP is the easiest
way against
the port of a new board under U-boot. So if someone know where i can found
those informations
concerning the step between where the boot program have control of the cpu
and where Linux
take control.

Thank you,
Fabien