Flash Filesystem

Laurent Pinchart laurentp at cse-semaphore.com
Thu Sep 13 18:39:55 EST 2007

Hi Georg,

On Friday 07 September 2007 09:34, schardt wrote:
> Hi
>
> i've some problems using the on board flash memory with linux.
> i added the support for adm/fujittsu flash in kernel config and add the
> right parameters for the "cfi  flash device in physical memory".
>
> cat /proc/mtd gives me
>
> dev:    size   erasesize  name
> mtd0: 00400000 00010000 "physmap-flash.0"
>
> i added /dev/mtd0 c 90 0 and /dev/mtdblock0 b 31 0
>
> how do i add a partition and filesystem ????
> fdisk /dev/mtd0  seems me not to be correct :)

There are several ways to definie partitions on an MTD device. Make sure you
enable the 'MTD partitioning support' option and have a look at 'RedBoot
partition table parsing' and 'Command line partition table parsing':

Device Drivers
<*> Memory Technology Device (MTD) support
    [*] MTD partitioning support
        < > RedBoot partition table parsing
        < > Command line partition table parsing

Another option is to hardcode the partition table in the platform data for the
physmap driver.

Best regards,

--
Laurent Pinchart